Saturday, January 20, 2007

Murphy's Law

Your mind thinks with unbelievable clarity at odd hours of the day. I blame it on my wonderful work schedule. What does one do at ungodly hours of the day after being disturbed by a phone call at 1:00AM in the morning. Blog about it of course.

A little background to my story. My team supports South Pacific (SP) customers (Australia and New Zealand). This means we operate pretty much at wee hours of the morning until business hours are over right? Wrong. We support them 24x7, even on Malaysian or SP public holidays. Sounds like fun doesn't it.

It's usually pretty quiet for the graveyard shift until around 3:00AM Malaysian time. That's when the Kiwis come in.

However today was different. Feeling a little weary from my battle with influenza, I decided that it should be a quiet enough night to sneak a little nap to re-energize. Thinking sweet thoughts, I was so close to dozing off when my peace is shattered by the standby phone ringing. What prompted a critical case at 1:00AM (3:00AM Aussie time) was beyond my comprehension. Great! Murphy's Law at it's best.

Wondering what is Murphy's Law? When you thought it could not get any worse...and it did? That is Murphy for you people. Of all the nights, this rates as my personal enemy. They say it was not the one straw that broke the camels back, it was the 999 stick of straws before that. I clasped both my hands together in a gesture pleading that the morning will go past uneventfully and that I may return to the refuge of my room and be united with my bed and pillow. That is until I suddenly remember...I need to go to the bridal studio to choose my wedding pictures. Murphy's Law part 2: And the Saga Continues(tm)

No comments: