Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Honey, I shrunk the world...

Yesterday, I had the chance to meet up with an old friend, Shum. He has been travelling extensively due to work commitments and finally came back to Malaysia. We decided to yum cha at SS2, but there was a pasar malam going on.

We finally decided on William's somewhere in KJ. Now, I have to say that William's food is super pricey. I have had meals there a couple of times (well maybe more than a couple of times) and the bills have never been lower than RM18. However, his portions have remained adequate come rain or shine.

True to the Malaysian sense of timing, he was late. His excuse was the chick he had to fetch before meeting up with me. So whilst I was checking out William's for an empty table, I stumbled upon Jon (http://wp.peachjon.com/). Jon was another dude I knew since my college years. Little did he know that Shum was on his way (read, lost) to William's as well. We crapped a while before I had to leave as his ex-colleagues arrived.

As I turned around, I bumped into an ex-colleague of mine as well. Small friggin world indeed. He offered me swimming lessons and I politely declined. Halfway through, I spotted a table and made a beeline for it before it was colonized. Surprise, surprise! I finally met Mr. Shan himself in the flesh (http://djyakuza.blogspot.com/). I can't really recall details of how we got to know one anothers blog, but it happened. So anyways, I was seated right opposite him and notice how "quiet" he seemed. Must be due to his last blog entry. Shan, if you are reading this, cheer up mate. LDRs can work with a lot of communication and trust. Besides, time flies. She'll be back before you even know it. The kicker, I tried snapping his picture to upload to my blog, but my stupid hands kept shaking like a fool. HAHA. So I had to get my girlfriend to do my dirty work. She managed to get it alright. Thanks dear! (pics still on my phone though)

A little while later, Shum arrives fashionably late with Aud. Thank goodness. We got to exchanging notes and just chillin' when all of a sudden, I noticed an old acquaintance from my World Cyber Game 2003 event. Somehow, I felt that the whole of Malaysia seemed to have warped to William's that night. Turns out Auricom had his own business now. Good luck dude! Also, thanks for your tips on where we can get BattleField equipped PCs.

My point being, who ever said you had to be in cyber space to chat with old friends and fellow bloggers. Come to think of it, William's should be another #mamak ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hey, William's is NOT a mamak.. the food there is like.... overpriced!!!.. hahahaha and u eat beside a drain!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! pay so much to eat western food beside a smelly drain. in fact, it was quite bad when i went there. smelly as hell...but the food is ok lar. samore open till late hours

sigh, hungry again...fatty me :)

Anonymous said...

lolxxx.. how can u even tolerate!!! my friend say, ppl eat up to Rm 70 to have a drain view restaurant. ahhahaha

btw, nawooz, im working in pj- damansara jaya... till end of the month... wanna meet up?

Nawooz said...

I'm not sure if I can as I am working shifts and it's such a pain to confirm on plans and then I have to cancel due to work.

But just in case, which part of DJ are you in?