Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Just Because

It's good to be able to sit and think about mindless stuff at least once a day. Heck, I do it almost all the time unconsciously. So what did my thoughts focus around today...blogs. I enjoy reading blogs. Well, maybe the better ones. I just finished http://www.eddyhan.com yesterday. It was really a satisfying read for some strange reason. I am half-way thru http://www.kukujiao.com too. This reflects heavily in my lurking habits of certain forums as well. Notably, http://forum.somethingawful.com.

It got me thinking about why a person actually blogs or posts. Admittedly, some do it for the glamour and recognition. Others are looking for a form of release from reality. Me? I take it as a form of therapy and also as my journal. My own diary of life. Something I can hold on to till my ripe old age. Something I hope to pass on to my kids and hopefully grandkids. At least if I go before ever meeting them, they will know what their Grandpa was like, the fiend! AHAHAHA!

There is nothing sweeter than going through your own blog entries and reflect back on a particular event, story et cetera. That is why I dislike people, who delete their own blogs after moving on. Why the need for this? What a waste of life, seriously. I don't care if your English sucks. I don't care if you sound emo in your entries. That's the whole idea of starting it, right? Leave that bit of legacy floating around in cyberspace. 10 years down the road, you may just wish you had something to look back on. Unless of course you have library loads of digital pics burned onto your DVD or whatever technology is next. DO NOT EFFING DELETE IT. You hear me. I am watching you.

Alright, enough of my banter. I'm back to more blog reading and forum lurking. Oi, Kenny Sia...faster update your blog lar. Why is everyone in slow-mo today? I need my daily dose of blogs k. Else I grow grumpy.

Take care bloggers of the world.

No comments: